Hispanic-owned ad agency Lopez Negrete Communications was the recipient of 24 awards at the 52nd annual American Advertising Awards, including the ceremony's top honor for its television spots created for Samsung.
Lopez Negrete was honored with the American Advertising Federation's Best of Show for Broadcast award for the tenth consecutive year. Four of the ads revolved around a traditional Hispanic family setting that featured the newest accessories of Samsung's Galaxy S 4 smartphone.
"Our Samsung creative team has been extremely successful in delivering concise, distinguished work that includes a reality Hispanics can relate to," said Fernando Osuna, chief creative officer of Lopez Negrete Communications, in a statement.
Lopez Negrete is the nation's largest independent full-service agency that specializes in Hispanics. The company's previous partners include Wal-Mart, Bank of America, Microsoft and NBCUniversal.
Lopez Negrete has its headquarters in Houston, Texas, with offices in Los Angeles and New York. The company was founded in 1985 by business partners and husband and wife, Alex and Cathy López Negrete. The ad agency was No. 167 on the HispanicBusiness Top 500 with $29 million in revenues and 200 employees.
"We have an extraordinary group of creative professionals whose drive and determination are a vital part of our success," Mr. Lopez Negrete said. "We accept this honor with excitement and pride, yet with the humility of understanding that much remains to be done."
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Jay Z, Kanye Delight Fans With Two-Hour Set at SXSW
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- Accused Killer Texted Son Moments Before Shooting Man for Texting: Prosecutors