No terms were released, but Lilly said Monday that its 2014 earnings forecast will be trimmed due to acquisition costs.
The company, which also is known for a portfolio of diabetes treatments, has said it will depend on its animal health business to help make up for the loss of revenue.
The deal is expected to close in the second-quarter.
The company now expects adjusted earnings for this year to range between
Analysts had expected earnings of
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference