Market posted a decent recovery of 96.55 points after falling by 1,200 points in last 6 trading sessions.
On the last day of trading week KSE benchmark 100 share index closed at 25603.35 points compared to 25505.80 points of the previous day. Anlyst Ahsan Mehanti said stocks closed bullish on renewed foreign interest following peace initiatives by TTP after air-strikes on militant hideouts in NW.
Institutional interest witnessed in selected oversold stocks across the board after country’s FX reserves rose to
Going forward, roll over week, blue chip stocks OGDC, NBP and HBL earnings announcements among others will keep driving the sentiments. KSE-Allshare index up by 30.24 points or 0.16 percent to end the day at 19109.75 points, KSE-30 share index grew by 60.65 points or 0.33 percent to finish the day at 18627.59 points while KMI-30 share index extended by 203.28 points or 0.48 percent to conclude the session at 42297.43 points.
Market traded 232.750 million shares after opening at 196.928 million shares and the value of traded shares was climbed to
Trading took place in 375 companies where gainers outnumbered the losers 224 to 134 while the value of 17 stocks not changed. Nestle Pak was the biggest price loser of the day decreased by
Lafarge Pakistan led the volume with 35 million shares up by Re 0.96 to
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost