The slight rise followed several days of uncertainty in the market as peace talks crumbled between the Pakistani government and the
Institutional buying was seen in
The rupee ended weaker at 104.88/104.95 against the dollar compared to Thursday's close of 104.84/104.89.
Overnight rates in the money market fell to 7.50 percent from Thursday's close of 8.25 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March