The Kaduna State Government on Saturday said it would disburse N1 billion loan to farmers in the state.
The fair was organised by the
Represented by Amb. Nuhu Bajoga, his deputy, Yero said the low interest loan was part of a counterpart programme with the
"Our goal is to increase harvest, which will not only ensure domestic food sufficiency, but also abundant produce for export to other states as well as neighbouring countries," he said.
He said additional tractors and other mechanised farm implement would be procured as captured in the 2014 budget of the state to further attract unemployed graduates to go into farming and curb social unrest.
"Our aim is to empower our existing farmers and also to make farming attractive to the younger generations.
"I believe that agriculture holds the key to cutting down on the unacceptable rate of youth unemployment and social unrest that we are presently facing as a people."
Yero disclosed that efforts were in place with private partners to revive the moribund companies in the state.
The governor said such companies include: the
He said that would further boost agricultural production and building of more agro-allied industries.
According to him, this is particularly with potentials such as ginger, perishables, fruits, cattle-rearing, textiles and others inherent in the state.
Yero commended KADCCIMA for organising the fair whose theme is: "Agricultural Transformation for
He said that would add more value to agricultural production.
The governor said the fair had also provided a platform for investors to tap from the abundant potentials and innovations exhibited, as well as interaction toward reaching trade and economic collaborations. (NAN)
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11