The average earnings in the business sector edged up by 0.5% y/y to HUF 262,026, while wages in the public sector decreased by 2.1% y/y to HUF 201,044.
The average net wage in the country, excluding family tax benefits, was 0.4% higher on the year at HUF 157,875 in December. The growth could be attributed to the business sector where net earnings advanced by 2.1% y/y, while net earnings in the public sector fell 1.1% y/y.
In terms of nominal value, the best paid sectors in December continued to be financial and insurance activities (HUF 471,000), information and communication (HUF 426,500) and electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (410,500). At the bottom of the ranking remained the accommodation and food services sector (HUF 147,000) as well as human health and social work activities (HUF 151,300).
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul