This is the company's best financial results on record. Its Earnings per Share (EPS) amounted to QR 4.55 in 2013 compared to QR 3.12 in 2012, according to Qatar Exchange. Its revenue is up 47.1% to QR 2.3 Billion.
The board of directors has recommended the distribution of QR 2 per share as cash dividend, representing 20% of the nominal value of the share.
The board also recommends to the Ordinary AGM the distribution of 25% bonus shares.
"The strong performance is due to impressive growth in all segments," the GIS said.
In a statement to QE, HE the Minister of Energy and Industry and Chairman and Managing Director of GISS, Dr.
"These are the highest year-end results since inception and a remarkable achievement in the group's short history. This positive growth reiterates our historical commitment to the goal of maximising shareholders' wealth. These strong results were aided by the ambitious growth plans in all segments, and the acquisition last year of
The company's wing,
GDI signed a five-year contract with a major oil company operating in
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter