This is the company's best financial results on record. Its Earnings per Share (EPS) amounted to QR 4.55 in 2013 compared to QR 3.12 in 2012, according to Qatar Exchange. Its revenue is up 47.1% to QR 2.3 Billion.
The board of directors has recommended the distribution of QR 2 per share as cash dividend, representing 20% of the nominal value of the share.
The board also recommends to the Ordinary AGM the distribution of 25% bonus shares.
"The strong performance is due to impressive growth in all segments," the GIS said.
In a statement to QE, HE the Minister of Energy and Industry and Chairman and Managing Director of GISS, Dr.
"These are the highest year-end results since inception and a remarkable achievement in the group's short history. This positive growth reiterates our historical commitment to the goal of maximising shareholders' wealth. These strong results were aided by the ambitious growth plans in all segments, and the acquisition last year of
The company's wing,
GDI signed a five-year contract with a major oil company operating in
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March