The government is implementing shortÂ€š medium and long term strategies to overcome energy crisis in the country.
Despite various challengesÂ€š including terrorism and law and orderÂ€š resolution of the energy crisis is government's top priority and every effort is being made to ease out the situation.
Official sources say the Tarbela 4th and Tarbela 5th hydropower projects would add 1410 MWs and 1320 MWs electricity respectively to the current existing capacity of Tarbela hydropower units.
With the addition of 2Â€š730 MWsÂ€š the total capacity of Tarbela hydropower project would surge to 6Â€š208 MWs. The sources said the 4th extension hydropower project would be completed in a short span of three and half years with the financial help of
The Government is also negotiating with
The project is part of the government's least cost energy generation plan. On the directive of the Prime MinisterÂ€š the
The sources added that 425 MWs Nandipur power project would start generation of electricity this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap