Food group exports from the country during last seven months of current financial year registered increase of 6.30 percent where as food imports in the country decreased by 8.5 percent as compared to same period of last year.
During the period from July-January, different food commodities worth
According to the data of
The rice export from the country during the same period of last year was recorded at 1,787,225 metric tons valuing
Meanwhile, the exports of basmati rice increased by 5.18 percent, while rice other than basmati increased by 29.65 percent respectively during the period under review.
During first seven months of current financial year, about 309,879 metric tons of basmati rice worth
During the period under review, fish and fish preparation exports from the country grew by 11.26 percent as about 82,470 metric tons of fish and fish products worth
In last seven months of current financial year, meat and meat preparations also witnessed growth of 4.09 percent and reached at 44,612 metric tons worth of
On the other hand, food imports in the country during the period from July-January decreased by 8.95 percent and recorded at 2.374 billion as compared to
The major food commodities which registered negative growth in their imports during the period under review including tea by 26.63 percent, soyabean oil by 24.12 percent and palm oil by 10.31 percent respectively.
From July-January, 73,834 metric tons of tea for domestic consumption costing
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South