"The scope of the trade-in market potential from 2013 alone is both tremendous and largely untapped," said
eRC is helping carriers and OEMs realize the benefits of incentivized trade-in programs. Having started in
In 2013 approximately one billion phones were retired, according to
The expanding mobile trade-in market creates a vast amount of residual value for operators to unlock through the use of eRC's solution. For example, one in every two European users keeps their old smartphone after purchasing a new one, even though the used device can have a trade-in value as high as
Partnering with several North American and European carriers and retailers, the eRC trade-in solution provides tailored support programs that increase trade volume and profitability. By integrating the eRC platform into the sales and marketing processes and systems in the retail environment, operators can deliver a transparent, instant and convenient device trade-in program for its customers. The traded devices are then restored and sold at a more compelling price point, as compared to new devices, either domestically or in emerging markets to drive digital inclusion around the world.
"Ninety-five percent of the 20 million phones eRC has collected to date have been returned to use as affordable restored devices," said Edmondson. "These phones enable consumers--especially those in developing countries around the world--to harness the power of the Internet to enhance their quality of life."
* The study commissioned by eRC and conducted by SKOPOS surveyed consumers across seven EU countries about their habits and attitudes on trading in smartphones.
eRecyclingCorps (eRC) is a leading provider of carrier-grade wireless device trade-in solutions. Founded in 2009 to provide a scalable model to repurpose and reuse perceptually obsolete devices, eRC partners with global wireless carriers and retailers to provide instant, in-store trade-in credit. eRC, a founding member of the
US Press Contact
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD