Road transporters will be locked out of the Inland Container Depot in Embakasi as part of financing deal for the standard gauge railway.
Under the agreement
We find this arrangement ridiculous and in direct contravention of the principles of a free economy such as
Why should the operator of the new railway be handed an unfair monopoly on the route? We are of the view that the forces of demand and supply should be allowed to play without placing unfair blockades to the activities of truckers. Both parties should compete freely.
Protectionism works against sound service delivery and this should be avoided in the railway project.
The government should find other avenues of financing the project without compromising the principles of a free market economy.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday