The department store operator on Monday reported disappointing financial results for the period that ended
Dillard's, based in
The markdowns at Dillard's, however, took a heavier toll on its performance.
Its total revenue fell to
Revenue from stores open at least a year, considered a key indicator of financial performance as it strips away recently opened or close sites, increased 2 percent.
Dillard's said that the markdowns designed to combat weak sales caused its retail gross margin to fall to 32.8 percent from 34.6 percent.
For the full year, the company earned
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers