"We appointed Camelsa to do the city's books last week. They have already started work and we expect them to give us an initial feedback in two weeks," he said.
In the council's special meeting held early this month councillors tasked the mayor and his deputy, Mr Thomas Muzuva, chairperson of the audit committee Clr Panganai Charumbira and deputy chairperson of the finance committee Cllr Urayayi Mangwiro to appoint a firm to audit the city's books.
In his resignation letter to Mayor Manyenyeni, Clr Markham said he was uncomfortable heading a finance committee that had no control over finances.
He said he could not believe that anyone with any self-respect would chair the
The Helensvale, Borrowdale Brooke,
Clr Markham said an amazing folly which he could not accept is a budget of
The councillor resigned amid revelations that the city's 18 directors were gobbling over half a million dollars in salaries every month at a time service delivery has plummeted to levels where council fails to replace street light bulbs.
There were also allegations that city officials could have pocketed more than
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder