Cas Coovadia‚ the managing director of the Banking Association of South Africa‚ has been appointed the caretaker chief executive of Business Unity South Africa (Busa) while the organisation looks for a new incumbent.
This follows last week's resignation of Nomaxabiso Majokweni who will leave the organisation at the end of the month.
It is understood that Coovadia will spend part of his time each week at Busa and the rest of his time at the
Once a permanent person is found to head Busa‚ Coovadia will return full time to his role at the Banking Association‚ a position he has held since 2005.
There is speculation that Coovadia might eventually move to Busa given his long tenure at the
His caretaker role comes at a crucial time for the business organisation. It is looking to reshape itself and play a more important role in helping to unite the country's various business bodies.
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia