Augusta also says its shareholders would face increased geopolitical risk, due to HudBay's operations in
HudBay has said it believes Augusta's board has been consistently overoptimistic about the
Augusta said Monday that the HudBay offer is being rejected by four shareholders, as well as its directors and officers, who collectively control 33 per cent of Augusta's equities.
HudBay is offering to exchange 0.315 of a HudBay share for each Augusta share it doesn't already own.
Based on the Friday closing stock price for HudBay, the offer was worth
Meanwhile, Augusta's publicly traded shares rose to
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign