Salah made the announcement during a Sunday meeting of the company's board of directors, attended by Minister of Housing
During the meeting, Mahlab called on the firm's officials to work "excessively" to conclude their ongoing construction projects.
The company's business volume in FY 2012/2013 was valued at
The value of the firm's offshore business reached
Arab Contractors is one of the leading construction companies in the
The company was tasked with repairing damages resulting from the explosion at the Cairo Security office in January.
Earlier in December, Minister of Industry
The construction sector has been "negatively affected" due to the instability following 30 June, a quarterly study by Gleeds Construction Consultancy Egypt (GCCE) said. However, the study noted that the sector was affected "not as significantly as the period following the 2011 civil unrest".
The study, published last October, said that during the period from July to September, the price of construction materials remained relatively stable, which indicates that the majority of suppliers and specialist contractors appear to be maintaining price levels to protect their market shares and profit margins.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March