In world economic news, European markets ended mixed as Asian markets closed with losses.
In U.S. economic news, the
The dollar rose versus the Yen, and the Pound, but fell versus the Euro. Light sweet crude oil for March delivery rose to
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 92.67, or 0.6 percent, to 16,133.23. The broader Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 11.03, or 0.6 percent, to 1,839.78. The technology-heavy Nasdaq composite index rose 29.60, or 0.7 percent, to 4,267.55.
--SPA 11:24 LOCAL TIME
All Rights Reversed for Saudi Press Agency Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party