In world economic news, European markets ended mixed as Asian markets closed with losses.
In U.S. economic news, the
The dollar rose versus the Yen, and the Pound, but fell versus the Euro. Light sweet crude oil for March delivery rose to
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 92.67, or 0.6 percent, to 16,133.23. The broader Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 11.03, or 0.6 percent, to 1,839.78. The technology-heavy Nasdaq composite index rose 29.60, or 0.7 percent, to 4,267.55.
--SPA 11:24 LOCAL TIME
All Rights Reversed for Saudi Press Agency Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'