Sprint, who is already utilizing Taqua’s Virtual Mobile Core’s Small Cell solution as part of its femtocore, has now implemented Taqua’s VoWiFi solution to enable a transparent user communications experience over the WiFi network. In both cases, voice and messaging communications are handled by the Taqua Virtual Mobile Core via session internet protocol (SIP) across the broadband network from either the subscriber’s femtocell or now WiFi access. The Taqua Virtual Mobile Core appears as a MSC/VLR towards the circuit-switched core and delivers complete feature transparency for voice, messaging and supplementary services including single number service. The seamless user experience is maintained by utilizing the subscriber profiles from the legacy cellular infrastructure.
“Sprint continues to be a leader in offering advanced mobile solutions and we are pleased to be an integral part of these efforts, “ said
About Taqua® LLC and its Virtual Mobile Core
Taqua’s Virtual Mobile Core can provide a variety of internetworking solutions such as Small Cell, VoWiFi, Circuit Switch Fallback (CSFB), Service Centralization and Continuity (SCC), Voice Call Continuity (SR-VCC) and Voice over LTE (VoLTE). The software based system is field proven and highly scalable with millions of existing subscribers across Taqua’s customer networks.
Source: Taqua® LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down