A recreation of Marc Chagall's village in the form of a globe turned upside down, a military drum band and a 62-piano ensemble on the stage were among the highlights of the closing ceremony.
The ceremony even poked fun at the glitch that occurred during the opening ceremony on
The snafu was one of the most talked about things about the opening ceremony, going viral on the Internet.
The Russian team was greeted with thunderous applause as it entered the stadium in the traditional parade of athletes from around the world in recognition of a performance that shattered not just the medal counts of
Sochi's mayor passed the Olympic flag to the mayor of the South Korean city of PyeongChang, which will host the XXIII Winter Olympics in 2018.
The closing ceremony ended with a sea of flowers on the stadium's field and a huge fireworks display. EFE
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress