Dunia Finance said its annual profit jumped 62 per cent last year from 2012 amid a backdrop of a consumer confidence renaissance in the
Revenues increased 26 per cent to Dh354m and customer assets rose 35 per cent, surpassing the Dh1 billion mark for the first time.
The number of Dunia Finance customers increased 21 per cent to 138,000 last year.
Total customer deposits rose 24 per cent to Dh515m, boosted in part by the company's use of proprietary customer technology that helps it to cross-sell products more efficiently, it said.
"Our dedicated approach to acquiring and nurturing customer relationships is the driving force behind another year of strong results," said Rajeev Kakar,Dunia's executive director and chief executive. "We remain committed to sustaining our growth strategy by increasing our customer base and deepening relationships, while launching new products and services."
Consumer finance companies have been aided by a blossoming
The home financing provider Abu Dhabi Finance House said yesterday its operating profit had more than doubled as its loan book and customer base both increased 10 per cent.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4