The new trailer for the upcoming "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" features the captain himself referring to "Fury's last words," causing some to wonder if popular Marvel character Nick Fury might die in the film.
The new spot features some footage we've already seen in previous trailers, but there are some new words that may cause a bit of a double take.
"Fury's last words were not to trust anyone," Captain America says at one point.
Could it be the S.H.I.E.L.D. head honcho bites the dust in the next Marvel film even before "The Avengers" sequel hits theaters?
It's not likely considering Samuel L. Jackson, who plays Fury, is already on tap to play Fury in next Marvel film, "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
So maybe he's only playing dead.
Oh, and who, exactly, is lying "dead" underneath that sheet in the first trailer, anyway? Is it Fury?
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: 'Captain America' teaser revealing character death?
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes