Czech banks extended CZK 6.96bn (
The number of extended mortgage loans in the first month of 2014 also shrank by 48% on the month to 4,225, deepening from a 1.1% m/m decline in December.
The average interest rate on mortgages in the country had been constantly falling since
On an annual basis the mortgage market also contracted – by 17% - although the interest rate was lower than in
In 2013, Czech banks provided CZK 176.6bn in mortgage loans to households, companies and municipalities, up by an annual 21%.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia