To conduct the study, Opera’s
Video session stalling rates across 2G, 3G and LTE networks ranged from 40.8% of all videos played in
An infographic contains detailed results for each of the five countries.
While LTE networks in certain countries had better results than existing 3G and 2G networks – such as in
“This combination of quantitative network data and consumer feedback tells us that the global smartphone boom is putting strain on many mobile networks, leading to videos stalling and unhappy users on too many sessions,” says
Opera’s Rocket Optimizer mobile video optimization solution, powered by
OpenSignal is the global authority on the real world performance and coverage of mobile operators.Whilst other methods attempt to approximate or model network performance, OpenSignal directly measures it. OpenSignal’s data is sourced from over 5 million users of its mobile app, providing a direct window into the true experience on mobile networks.OpenSignal is backed by
Opera products enable more than 350 million internet consumers worldwide to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, no matter what device, network or location. In turn, we help advertisers reach the audiences that build value for their businesses. Opera also delivers products and services to more than 120 mobile operators around the world, enabling them to provide a faster, more economical and better network experience to their subscribers.
From family photos and funny videos to business ideas that change the world economy, the internet has always been about discovery. Whether you are a consumer getting online for the first time, or a multinational corporation trying to reach the right audience, Opera can help you discover more online.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11604723.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels