Working in collaboration with GlobalFoundries, which is owned by Mubadala's
"The successful tape-out by our students has enabled the
"This is definitely a milestone. It is also a very positive one for the growth of the semiconductor design ecosystem in the region and puts the country in a leading position in the region."
The 28nm chips are considered to be very advanced and typically end up in smartphones and tablets. The main goal of the chip is to collect measurements that will help to reduce power consumption and increase speed.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property