Working in collaboration with GlobalFoundries, which is owned by Mubadala's
"The successful tape-out by our students has enabled the
"This is definitely a milestone. It is also a very positive one for the growth of the semiconductor design ecosystem in the region and puts the country in a leading position in the region."
The 28nm chips are considered to be very advanced and typically end up in smartphones and tablets. The main goal of the chip is to collect measurements that will help to reduce power consumption and increase speed.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder