"The matter has indeed been referred to the administrative prosecutors for an investigation,"
The move will not affect the import activity of GASC, a supplies ministry spokesman said, "because GASC is not individuals, it's a whole authority."
"The minister wants to start a new era after the
On Thursday GASC said it had reassigned two senior officials, while assuring traders that the changes would not affect the authority's tenders.
Several traders had voiced concern about the transfer of
"It is unclear what is going to happen next but GASC's ability to tender now is restricted because the import department is almost not there," a
But a European trader said the shake-up would have a limited impact on tenders. "There will be other people to replace them," the trader said, referring to Thursday's transfers. "They have the money (to tender) and that's the most important thing.
"As soon as
GASC has issued 19 international tenders since Mursi's fall.
Mursi was in power in fiscal 2012/13, a period when
The minister said this month that
Successive governments have sought wheat self-sufficiency, a goal the agriculture minister has said would require a significant increase in storage capacity over years to come, adding that at least 20 percent of the total grain produced locally was wasted due to storage problems.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence