On behalf of MoF, the meeting was attended by HE Mariam Mohammad Al Amiri, Assistant Undersecretary for the Management of Financial Resouces;
During the meeting, MoF conducted a presentation which covered various aspects of the e-Dirham system. The presentation commenced with a demonstration of the system's features, the various developing stages and the challenges faced in its adoption, the system's payment and settlement services, the payment channels, the different types of e-Dirham cards and methods of use. MoF also highlighted the mechanism used for settling due payments and collecting revenues from entities using the e-Dirham system as well audit mechanisms and financial compliance tools.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter