The Czech Republic's state investment and business development agency CzechInvest said that it has mediated foreign and domestic direct investments with a combined value of CZK 47.9bn (
CzechInvest's acting head
The number of investment projects negotiated by CzechInvest in 2013 jumped by 35.8% on the year to 110. Czech investors were more active last year as they initiated 78% of all projects. A total of 10,519 new jobs are expected to be created thanks to the projects, up from 5,098 jobs in 2012.
When looking into the individual projects, Danish Fibertex Nonwovens topped the list launching a CZK 2.6bn project to expand its non-woven textiles and textile materials plant in Svitavy creating 45 jobs. Local firm Biocel Paskov and German Continental Barum followed with investments of CZK 2.5bn. Biocel Paskov is investing in the existing technological equipment for the production of viscose pulp in Paskov, while Continental Barum is expanding its lorry tyres producing plant in Otrokovice planning to hire 293 more people.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low