Croatian privately-held concern Agrokor has reportedly agreed on the debt restructuring of Slovenian retailer Mercator, which is plans to acquire, with Mercator's creditor banks, Croat daily Poslovni Dnevnik reported, quoting Slovenian media.
The information is based on unofficial reports of daily Finance, which quotes several unnamed sources close to the talks. According to the report, the two Austrian banks - Erste and Raiffeisen, which held the toughest position during the negotiations, eventually agreed on the debt restructuring.
The signing of a debt restructuring agreement is a condition needed to activate Agrokor's takeover of Mercator. Mercator owes the banks nearly
In 2013, Agrokor offered to pay
The final deadline for wrapping up the sales transaction between Agrokor and Mercator's owners is
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation