The investment, which is the first allocation from the
The fund is dedicated to investing in early-stage start-ups in the technology sector in
"The money will be used to invest in Jordanian ICT companies. Our investment in the fund will help mobilise capital, create jobs in the Kingdom and accelerate tech- innovation," Chelko said.
"It is the first time that we have invested in a fund in
Commenting on the announcement, Fawaz Zu'bi, the founder and CEO of
"We will invest in early-stage existing companies. We will look for companies that can go global. We are building the bridge for them to go global and enter new markets," he added.
"We are hoping that this endeavour will help enhance national production in this sector and succeed in motivating local talent," Razzaz said in a statement.
"The information and communications technology sector in
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset