The S&P/TSX composite index slipped 4.65 points to 14,205.72. The Canadian dollar closed down 0.28 of a cent at
U.S. indexes were lacklustre as the
It was the worst showing in 18 months and was largely blamed on unseasonably cold weather.
The Dow Jones industrials fell 29.93 points to 16,103.3, while the Nasdaq was down 4.13 points at 4,263.41 and the S&P 500 index lost 3.53 points to 1,836.25.
In the U.S.,
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy