More than a dozen students, most of them majoring in accounting but also representing the college's financial planning, legal assistant, business management and information technology majors, have undergone months of extensive training to become certified tax preparers by the
The free service, part of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program sponsored by the
"It's a win for everyone: students, the local community and the
The services are provided Monday through Saturday on an appointment-only basis in the
Limited appointments are available and can be scheduled by calling 570-321-5544; taxpayers should bring proper identification, required forms (W-2s, 1099s, etc.),
For more information about accounting and related majors, visit www.pct.edu/accounting or call 570-327-4505.
For more about the college, which is celebrating its Centennial throughout 2014, visit www.pct.edu, email email@example.com or call toll-free 800-367-9222.
TNS 30TagarumaMar-140222-4646101 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost