"The administration's refusal to comply with the federal rules governing the usage of the
"The correspondence released by the administration indicates that state officials have asked repeatedly to fund a specific program and were repeatedly informed their request did not meet the guidelines. Moreover, this is the first we are hearing of the administration's attempt to utilize funding to meet specific state needs, despite the commissioner having been given the opportunity to present this information at a
"I am more than willing to work with state officials in order to help secure additional federal funding for these programs. However, an appropriate use of this specific grant is to conduct outreach to residents who are eligible for health coverage and have not yet enrolled.
"Just last week, federal officials confirmed that the funding could be used for marketing the health exchange, which would ensure the maximum number of New Jerseyans receive coverage.
"The administration must stop playing politics with our health care and work with federal officials to use the funding for permitted purposes. Our state has hundreds of thousands of uninsured residents who are eligible for insurance coverage and
CC AutoTriage5rn-140221-30FurigayJane-4645243 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11