The loonie fell 0.2 of a cent to
That helped balance some negative Chinese data.
Commodity prices recovered from the lowest levels of the morning as the March crude contract on the
March copper was unchanged at
The dollar had fallen
Other manufacturing and housing data had underscored how large amounts of snow and freezing temperatures are having an impact on U.S. economic performance.
Traders looked ahead to Friday and the latest Canadian readings on the consumer price index for January and retail sales for December.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study