The phase B contract has been presented to the
-It is expected that the contract would be operational from 2019, the new platform will be optimised for electric propulsion as the subsequent Phase-C/D would be commencing in 2015 for the development and manufacture of the first two prototype flight platforms.
Airbus Defence and Space, number two worldwide in space technologies, has been awarded the phase B contract for initial design work on the
The new platform of Airbus Defence and Space will be designed for telecommunications satellites of between three and six tonnes. Lighter and smaller than the current platforms, it will feature an all-electric version and, in response to customer requirements, will also be available with a chemical propulsion system.
As per FranÇois Auque, Head of Space Systems, Our aim is to provide telecommunications satellites that deliver even more in the way of performance and are 30% more competitive. The increased competitiveness of our next generation satellite, which will be designed predominantly at our design offices in Toulouse and
The development of Neosat comes after the
The contract comes 10 years after the launch of the first Eurostar E3000; since then, 31 satellites have been launched, all of them achieving 100% operational service in orbit.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline