The stock market took a breather on the last day of the week, managing to finish in the green.
The Karachi Stock Exchange’s (KSE) benchmark 100-share index rose 0.38% or 96.55 points to end at 25,603.35.
“Engro Fertilizer (EFERT PA +5%) was the stock of the day, changing sentiments after hitting upper circuit on rumours of gas availability on discounted rates pulling along parent companies
“Cements, that remained losers throughout the week, were quick to respond, recovering sharply led by
Investor sentiment may also have been stoked because of leaked information before Ishaq Dar’s press conference about the upcoming spectrum auction.
Trade volumes rose to 232 million shares compared with Thursday’s tally of 196 million.
Shares of 375 companies were traded on Friday. At the end of the day, 224 stocks closed higher, 134 declined while 17 remained unchanged. The value of shares traded during the day was
Lafarge Pakistan was the volume leader with 35.17 million shares, gaining
Foreign institutional investors were net sellers of
Like Business on Facebook, follow @TribuneBiz on
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress