Computer programming is a universal language. For those who learn to speak it, it opens up a world of opportunity. The Jackson Chamber has teamed with
“CO:de Academy” is an extracurricular activity in which students learn various aspects of computer programming, including website design and development, mobile app development, database programming and user experience. Students in the academy are increasing their competency in a growing field.
This project is the brainchild of
“Jackson's CO:de Academy lets us grow our own tech community right here and capitalize on this incredible opportunity putting us in the forefront of the technology race,” said Donnell, founder of website development and user experience firm Sodium Halogen.
“CO:de Academy is a perfect fit for
To fully realize their goals for CO:de Academy, Donnell and Ferguson partnered with the Jackson Chamber to fund the project.
“The Jackson Chamber felt compelled to support CO:de Academy as a differentiating asset for the
“The program is a great tool to help the students build specific computer related skill sets and create an even brighter future for themselves. The pool of coding talent that will become available in
About eighty students signed up for the club in four of the five high schools in the Jackson-
“As superintendent, when you hear about students staying up late or rising early to work on a project, you know your students have connected with something that appeals to their interests which makes learning relevant.”
The CO:de Academy program utilizes
After a successful start, school administrators are now seeking to make the extracurricular CO:de Academy a full course in the next school year.
“I am reminded of the quote by
The Jackson Chamber consists of a diverse and talented staff, an executive committee, dedicated volunteers and more than 1,300 business members – all committed to growing the economy and quality of life in
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11607335.htm
Most Popular Stories
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time