The goal of the project is to provide health care services (http://www.iadb.org/en/projects/project-description-title,1303.html?id=BO%2DL1082) that will reduce mortality rates, especially maternal and infant mortality, as well as morbidity and mortality stemming from cervical-uterine cancer.
Despite posting a gain of eight years in life expectancy at birth and reductions in mortality rates, over the past 20 years
El Alto has the highest population density and growth of any city in
The IDB loan will provide financing to build and equip the Hospital de Tercer Nivel Sur El Alto and get it up and running. This facility will complement existing health care infrastructure and enhance coverage and access to services for obstetric and delivery emergencies. The plan also calls for financing a program to monitor and treat cervical-uterine cancer. This will improve management of health care services and the functioning of the municipal health system, and encourage training and optimal use of human resources.
TNS 30BautistaJude 140221-4644223 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- HBO No Go During 'True Detective' Finale
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall
- Kim Jong Un Elected in Remarkable Unanimous Vote
- Colo. Raises $3.5 Million in Pot Revenue
- Neil Young Debuts PonoMusic This Week
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Rodman Calls It Quits With Kim Jong Un
- Growth Expected if Congress Passes Budget