ICA, a healthcare information technology company and leader in strategic interoperability innovating the way care teams connect and healthcare is delivered, has won praises for its technologic prowess from Healthcare Information Exchanges (HIEs), according to a poll conducted by Black Book Rankings.
ICA was named the top core provider vendor for both public and private Health Information Exchange (HIE) platforms, and ranked number one in several of the individual criteria, including:
• Data Integrity
• Ease of transition and exchange
Black Book surveyed 1,500 provider organizations using health information exchanges and 704 payers and insurers over the last six months of 2013. Eighty vendors were represented by the poll responses ranking the performance of HIE developers.
“ICA is a leader in strategic interoperability, innovating the way care teams connect and healthcare is delivered,” says
As the top core HIE vendor, ICA provides healthcare providers and health plans with a unique approach to untangling their interoperability challenges.
“We work with our clients to identify the key business challenges that impact their clinical care team connectivity goals, such as stage of Meaningful Use implementation and care coordination capabilities and strategies,” Zegiestowsky said. “From there we design interoperability strategies that are unique to each client’s needs. Our objective is to meet them where they are today and build an infrastructure that ensures they can achieve full interoperability that truly improves workflow and ultimately patient care.”
The ability to electronically exchange health information is a basic and critical need in improving health care in
The Black Book survey findings come at a time when Health Information Exchanges are undergoing dynamic change as the market:
• Moves away from public Health Information Exchanges and migrates toward Private HIE solutions
• Seeks EHR systems that support data exchange to qualify for meaningful use (MU) incentives
• Mobilizes around population health strategies to better manage high-risk patients, especially among
“These changes align strongly with ICA’s direction in 2013. Our solutions now focus on more population-based services that parallel our expansion in the private HIE and ACO category, as well as the health plan sector serving
ICA is a leading provider of strategic interoperability and intelligent care coordination solutions for the healthcare market – providers, payers, and accountable care organizations; and is one of the few independent HIE vendors. With its state-of -the-art CareAlign® platform, ICA offers true care coordination technology that connects disparate healthcare enterprises regardless of the technologies already in place. CareAlign delivers a flexible architecture to connect, collect, consume and intelligently distribute patient information through standard data transport protocols and custom methods for use in EHRs, third party applications, and ICA’s proprietary applications. CareAlign aggregates a wide range of information and supports analytic needs associated with population health management, transitions of care communication, re-admissions reduction, meaningful use requirements and PCMH/ACO operations.
About Black Book ™
Black Book Rankings, a division of
The largest user opinion poll of its kind in healthcare IT, Black Book™ collects over 400,000 viewpoints on information technology and outsourced services vendor performance annually. For methodology, auditing, resources, comprehensive research and ranking data, see http://www.blackbookrankings.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11603534.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- President Obama Touts Overhaul of Overtime Rules