An experiment designed by
The data collected from this unique experiment will ultimately be used to design safer and more efficient rockets and spacecraft. The investigation utilizes the Synchronized Position Hold Engage Reorient Experimental Satellites (SPHERES) to control the motion of a container partially filled with liquid. The container undergoes motions that are representative of the actual motions of large rockets and spacecraft during orbital operations in space.
"The experiment worked flawlessly during our checkout session and our preliminary data is looking very good. We look forward to using this new data to enhance our fundamental understanding of how liquids dynamically behave inside moving containers in microgravity," said
The first of two dedicated science sessions will take place on
"We are very excited to be operating
TNS 18DejucosGrace-140221-30FurigayJane-4644297 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party