Stocks closed little changed yesterday, trimming losses in the final minutes of trading, after data showed Chinese manufacturing shrank for a second month and Federal Reserve minutes signalled stimulus cuts will continue.
The Stoxx Europe 600 index slid less than 0.1 percent to 334.78, paring a loss of as much as 1.1 percent. "The speculation that the Fed will raise interest rates has unsettled the market,"
Most Popular Stories
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California