As telecom's most important event,
For a sneak peek at what the future holds, take a look at the "What's Next" area with the latest from
The concept of a holistic 5G system solution and evolved mobile broadband cases such as extreme mobile broadband for local access and higher service level "everywhere" will be on show. This will include new types of usage, mainly machine-type communication. A hands-on experience demo will give users a feel for what the
The Future City Coordination Center visualizes public safety programs of the future. It includes a simulation of a coordination center handling a fire at an oil refinery, environmental public health monitoring, water leaks, root-cause analyzes and monitoring of water pollution.
One of the showpieces in the Ericsson Hall is a complete
Other highlights include:
* Managed M2M for enterprises and operators, with walkthroughs of real M2M processes featuring cargo shipping, smart grids and smart metering operations.
* Managed Rural Coverage , providing coverage as a service for rural areas.
* Ericsson Device Care , an Ericsson Device and Application Verification service that enables operators to remotely view, control, configure and perform real-time diagnostics on mobile devices and applications.
* Spectrum Refarming 2.0 , a turnkey service that allows an existing GSM/UMTS network to use less spectrum without jeopardizing quality, freeing up this expensive resource for more carriers or new technologies.
LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation demo suite
* Speeds up to 450Mbps to a single device using three carriers.
* Commercially ready LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation using two 20MHz carriers, with the world's first inter-company demonstration of mobile broadband speeds up to 300Mbps to a partner device.
Coordinated Radio Access Network demo suite
* The world's first inter-company LTE Advanced Combined Cell demonstration, using Transmission Mode 9 (TM9) with a partner device. Increases mobile broadband capacity by as much as 100 percent and raises cell-edge throughput.
3.5 GHZ LTE demo suite
* Use of the 3.5GHz band and LTE Advanced as a carrier aggregation supplementary downlink to a partner device, another world first, to increase mobile broadband speeds.
* Demo of Authorized Shared Access (ASA) accelerates mobile operator's access to new bands by enabling dynamic sharing of spectrum between entities.
New business opportunities open up, among other areas in OSS and BSS, and TV and media. At MWC 2014, demos include LTE Broadcast for Digital Signage, next-generation Live TV, Efficient Lead-to-Cash for Service Agility, live LTE Broadcast, and Media Delivery Network demos with leading operators and industry partners.
* Efficient Lead-to-Cash for Service Agility enables the operator to differentiate, build loyalty and drive profitable revenue growth by optimizing, evolving and transforming the Lead-to-Cash cycle.
* Digital Signage uses the growing number of connected screens to provide new use cases and revenue models. LTE Broadcast allows mobile operators to deliver advertising or entertainment to a broad number of screens cost-effectively, enabling real-time, dynamic updates of billboards, taxi and elevator screens, and public venue displays.
* Next-Generation Live TV , Ericsson video compression has led TV evolution for over 20 years. UHDTV delivery and Adaptive Bit Rate multicast will be among the latest video compression technologies on display.
* Business Agility with SP-SDN and NFV , create, implement and deploy new network services, capturing new revenues through network virtualization.
* Integrated Assurance and Analytics for IPTV, with enhanced assurance and analytics capabilities, operators can gain insights and take targeted actions to boost customer experience and minimize churn.
Modems are the key enablers for the
We will also have the world's smallest and most power-efficient LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation modem on hand: the Ericsson M7450 provides maximum design flexibility for smartphones, tablets and any other connected device.
Welcome to our media and analyst briefing,
Follow us during the event using @
Insights from our experts and
NOTES TO EDITORS
Ericsson Mobile World Congress Media Kit
Download high-resolution photos and broadcast-quality video at www.ericsson.com/press
Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. Today 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic goes through
We are more than 110,000 people working with customers in more than 180 countries. Founded in 1876,
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Phone: +46 10 719 69 92
Ericsson Investor Relations
Phone: +46 10 719 00 00
Most Popular Stories
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat