CABINET Secretary for Devolution, Anne Waiguru, has urged the
She said the progress made towards the regional economic union had not been successful especially after the release of the EAC Scorecard, which was authored by the
Waiguru was speaking while addressing the dissemination ceremony of the "East African Community Common Market Scorecard 2014."
Waiguru asked member states to refocus and rededicate their commitment by breaking barriers that were highlighted in the scorecard for faster implementation of the protocol.
The scorecard faulted particular partner states on their actions towards a common market with
The scorecard was developed over a period of 18 months under the supervision of the EAC Secretariat and Partner States.
The areas of capital, services and goods were selected for scoping as they are foundational for the operation of the common market.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- Pakistan Library Dedicated to 'Osama bin Laden, the Martyr'
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001