Wellesley-Wood, who was hired by the Kebbles - Roger and the late Bret - of
Bret was mysteriously gunned down in
According to reports, Roger accused Wellesley-Wood of snatching control of DRD through "a devious and highly questionable strategy", as well as delaying the listing of
Wellesley-Wood illegally retrieved bank and telephone statements through a firm of privately contracted investigators, "industrial and international espionage", and organised a raid of Roger's accounts by the South African Revenue Services, reports said.
Sources say Wellesley-Wood's push could be linked to another failed Central Asian Resources (Centar) attempt last year to control
This comes after respected
"Why would a company take on a character who previously presided over a failing high cost African gold miner while enjoying the benefits of an excessive salary at the vast expense of shareholders and the company?" asked Meyer last September.
Speculation is he could be positioning himself for an executive role at Mwana.
According to sources, Centar wanted to shut down Trojan Nickel mine in Bindura and focus on the profitable Freda gold mine in the same area, a move that would have thrown thousands of workers onto the streets.
Centar entered into a joint venture agreement with
During his term as CEO of DRD, Wellesley-Wood presided over six losses in seven years at DRD.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals