ENP Newswire -
Release date- 20022014 - Airbus Defence and Space, number two worldwide in space technologies, has been awarded the phase B contract for initial design work on the
The contract, in conjunction with Thales Alenia Space (TAS), is worth
The new platform of Airbus Defence and Space will be designed for telecommunications satellites of between three and six tonnes. Lighter and smaller than the current platforms, it will feature an all-electric version and, in response to customer requirements, will also be available with a chemical propulsion system. This next generation Airbus Defence and Space platform is expected to enter into service in 2019 as the subsequent Phase-C/D will start in 2015 for the development and manufacture of the first two prototype flight platforms.
'Our aim is to provide telecommunications satellites that deliver even more in the way of performance and are 30% more competitive,' explained
The development of Neosat comes after the
The contract comes 10 years after the launch of the first Eurostar E3000; since then, 31 satellites have been launched, all of them achieving 100% operational service in orbit.
Airbus Defence and Space
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Molina Adding Hundreds of Jobs in Michigan
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy