At HAI Heli-Expo 2014, the world s largest helicopter trade show and exhibition,
The HeliSure family of products provides helicopter pilots with unprecedented situational awareness to help them meet the challenges of flying in an increasingly congested and hazard-filled airspace.
The exhibit will also feature Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion integrated avionics. The system integrates and displays essential flight information through graphically rich interfaces, including high-integrity head-up guidance featuring synthetic and enhanced vision and the industry s first touch-screen flight displays.
Technology demonstrations of HeliSure and Pro Line Fusion will be featured in the
Other Heli-Expo highlights from
RTA-4100 MultiScan Weather Radar
The RT-4114 MultiScan Weather Radar represents a major step forward in automation for helicopter flight crews. The system automatically scans ahead of the aircraft and combines the returns through advanced digital processing and analysis algorithms to display not just precipitation rates, but the actual weather threats.
Traffic Alert Collision Avoidance System (TCAS II)
TCAS II works by interrogating the air traffic control transponders of other nearby aircraft to determine and display their altitudes, ranges and relative positions. The TCAS II computer uses sophisticated algorithms and interrogation techniques to calculate the speed, direction and conflict potential of these targets and if necessary, computes and displays a recommended vertical avoidance maneuver to ensure safe separation.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction