A mobile military communications network in a box developed by
With Whetstone, we ve developed a small system that offers troops extensive capabilities, said Dr.
The system s network infrastructure has been upgraded to now push terabytes of broadband data such as satellite imagery, mission command data, and full motion video feeds down to company level units that lack wideband communications. It can also be easily integrated with and can equip or supplement vehicles that have communications links to other networks for data and voice, such as UHF/VHF Line of Sight, Enhanced Position Location Reporting System, Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System.
Completely scalable, this platform agnostic network in a box can be configured for most combat and tactical vehicles. Depending on the mission, the system can be removed from one platform and integrated into another in less than one hour. It easily supports operations at the tactical edge, or squad level with a commitment to economy of cost, space and weight to enable better maneuverability without sacrificing network functionality.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March