Power management company Eaton today introduced its
Our newest Ethernet-based solution offers utilities a highly flexible and interoperable platform that they can grow into, said
Featuring improved processing power and memory, the SMP SG-4250 serves as a scalable solution that can be customized to a utility s exact needs. Additionally, the SMP SG-4250 is compatible with most existing IED manufacturers, including the support of more than 80 protocols.
The newest solution represents the fourth generation of SMP gateways, offering enhanced communications modules to address the changing Smart Grid landscape, including the integration of up to 10 Ethernet ports with multi-homing and VLAN tag support, allowing for the deployment of complex IEC 61850 projects. In addition, it helps simplify Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) operational activities for the user, includes advanced cyber-security features such as DNP3 Secure Authentication V5 and is instrumental to NERC/CIP compliance.
The new SMP SG-4250 provides users with immediate access to real-time, system-wide substation data, is designed for electrical utilities and the industrial market, and meets all IEEE and IEC requirements for substation-grade equipment.
For more information on Eaton s
Eaton s Electrical Sector is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today s most critical electrical power management challenges.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark