Opportunities are opening up in
As of Monday, more than 2,000 tonnes of
One tonne of maize is currently retailing at
"The current political standoff in
A maize shortage of about 10 million bags is forecast just before the next harvest despite
Kenyan farmers are holding their produce from the market in anticipation of higher prices in June and July.
"No trader will be willing to be charged 50 per cent duty on imports. The ministry of Agriculture should move in with speed to waive the duty in time before it is late," he said. In the Eldoret depot, the supply of maize has gone down, with the area silos manager
There are fears of a food supply shortage from May when current stocks are expected to run out.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11