"There are cleaner, cheaper, and faster ways to generate electricity that won't saddle our children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and generations to come with toxic, highly volatile nuclear waste.
"It's no secret why there hasn't been new nuclear reactor construction in America in three decades. Nukes are simply too expensive and risky. And with the availability of affordable and safe alternatives like wind and solar, propping up nukes with taxpayer money makes little sense.
"Renewable energy technologies like wind and solar have already begun to replace dangerous nukes, coal, and natural gas, creating jobs and saving American families money, without the threat of toxic pollution. The wind and solar energy sectors both had record-breaking growth in 2012, and support tens of thousands of good American jobs.
"In the wake of superstorms, record drought, and wildfires, it's clearer now than ever that we must act swiftly and decisively to fight the climate crisis, and move as quickly as possible to 100% clean energy economy. It's time to build a true clean energy economy and get off toxic nukes and dirty fossil fuels once and for all."
TNS 24HariRad-140220-30FurigayJane-4642211 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?