Tesla investors focus heavily on the car maker's forecasts because demand has outstripped its supply in the past.
The company said battery cell supply will continue to constrain its production but expects that should improve in the second half of the year. It also is planning improvements at its
Tesla reported that it earned
Shares of the company have been on a meteoric rise over the past two years, to levels that, at times, even its own CEO
Tesla's stock price fell last year following fires involving its cars, but investor enthusiasm has returned. Musk said demand resumed as consumers became aware that the cars were safe.
Its stock also got a boost on reports that the company was in talks with
Tesla shares have increased in price more than five-fold in the past two years, jumping from about
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy